i made the mistake of trying on a pair of these ugly things tonight
and now i need a pair.
check them out.
in the month or so since the contest ended:
- i’m down to 251lbs – 34lbs less than when i started back at the end of May
- the weight training has really been paying off:
- i’ve added running to my daily exercise and am up to 3 miles every night. it kicked my ass at first, but the more i do it, the easier / better it gets.
- my fears of being too busy with work were unfounded. i LIKE working out, biking, running, exercising, etc. and making the time for it isn’t as difficult as i thought it might be.
- i almost entered a 5k a couple weeks ago but chickened out. it’ll happen…
- finally had the physical that i probably should have had before i started this – the good news? everything’s kosher! doc was impressed with weight loss and the way i’ve gone about it. offered a few suggestions and answered a half dozen questions i had about various exercise / weight related things.
i still have a good bit of work ahead of me – i’ve got a lot more gut to get rid of, but what a difference from may of this year (and a 70lb difference since 2005)!