i’m trapped at saturn of pensacola having some work done on the car, minding my own business.
well, trying to.
there are three unrelated people sitting in the waiting area talking at FULL VOLUME about things which they obviously know little or nothing about. it’s an opinion-fest and the person who talks the loudest and with the most faux “knowledge” wins.
topics thus far have included:
- the state of roads in pensacola
- the governmental infrastructure of michigan
- their relatives who have lived in this state or that state who say __________________ about __________________.
- the mindless talk show playing on the tv
- what state spends the least on its people
i don’t try and listen in on other people’s conversations. what makes my experience unique here is: my hearing (or the lack of it) prevents me from eavesdropping. i can’t eavesdrop on a conversation that i’m included in sometimes! but this one is coming through loud and clear. unwilling fly on the wall.
social cues, folks!